Notecard โ‡† Starnote Communication Reliability

Prior to Notecard firmware release 7.3.1, there are communication reliability issues between the Notecard and the Starnote.

This has been resolved in Developer Firmware v7.3.1

If you are using an older release, we highly recommend updating to this release of Notecard firmware to use in conjunction with Starnote.

1 Like

Gwolff,

Thanks for announcing the firmware update. When connected the notecard, a message also alerted me about the firmware update. Nice work.

Just wondering if there are tests/talks underway at Blues to let the notecard directly use LTE over Starlink beta LTE connections?

Warm regards
Rob Oudendijk

Hi Rob,
Iโ€™m glad you found the firmware notification messages helpful.

Sorry I canโ€™t share any future plans we may or may not have regarding future development.

It is always helpful to understand you feel there is opportunity for Blues to off a product that fits your needs better. Is there something about the Starlink network offers you that we canโ€™t meet with todayโ€™s Starnote? Please let us know!

Thanks very much for your enthusiasm.
Cheers,
-Greg

Gwolff,

Thanks for the reply. For making an as small as possible satellite setup with Notecards, I love to see a Notecarrier with one side the Notecard and the other side the Starnote.

I like to add it to a real-time radiation sensor like the Radnote, but smaller and as much as possible Open Source.

Currently, my smallest version of my test bed is a M5SatckAtom and note card and Starnote with shared antenna e (needs to be tested still).

Warm Regards,
Rob Oudendijk