Save values to somewhere, something

Hello, It has been a while since I posted a question. This is probably because I have a couple of units running (one of them is 200 miles from my office) and they have been working flawlessly. Now it is time to expand what I am doing and I have a question. This might have been asked so a point in the right direction might be all I need. In general I need to measure/log an event on the remote system ,say, the door was opened 3 times today and 1 time yesterday so the average is over those two days is 2 per day. Easy enough but I need to store that average and use it on day 3. The swan does not have eeprom and if I have a power outage, the value will be lost. I guess I could wire in some external memory but is there a simpler way to do this? So if the power goes out and comes back on the notecard/swan could get the recent value and use it.
Thank you in advance.
Tom

Hi. Take a look at this:

Than you Alec.
Where is this data actually stored? Do you know if it will survive a power outage?
Tom

Tom,

We do no support completely cutting power to the Notecard because it can lose unsynchronized notes inclduing those in .dbx Notefiles. The good news is that the Notecard by default uses extremely little current (8 microamps) when it’s idle, so you can withstand very long power outages by adding a small battery or a supercapacitor like the $10 Scoop.. With this tiny amount of power supplied to the Notecard, you can be sure .dbx files will maintain your data locally on the Notecard.

If you want the notes to stay continuously available on the Notecard and also sync to Notehub so you can observe them and modify them from the cloud, you can use a regular .db Notefile.

Hope this helps!

-Carl

Carl,
This is good news. In general the mains power is reliable but the Scoop looks like an excellent solution. As far as saving important and dynamic values, I am thinking that an easy solution might be to add some external memory like the fujitsu FRAM.
Also, does Blues have any sales coming up?
Also, Does the Scoop come with connecting wires and can it be charged from the Swan or Notecarrier? Does it require any additional circuitry to maintain the charge and not overcharge?
Tom

Hi @TJK,

The Scoop has onboard JST connectors (one for charging, one for output connector). It can be charged from a Notecarrier with no additional circuitry required.

Rob