SFY: Request for review of PCB with onboard notecard

Hi,

we’ve tried to create a PCB with the notecard onboard of our wave buoy (GitHub - gauteh/sfy: 🌊 A lightweight wave buoy for near-shore deployments.). The previous versions of our hardware is available on that repository, and there’s a tutorial on hackster. We have based the design of power circuitry and antenna design on the Notecarrier A and we hope that there might be someone that could take a look at our design and PCB layout? We could also share the project on easyeda.

Best regards, Gaute

Please let me know if there are other files that we should export.

1 Like

gauteh

Very nice project.
If you can export it to Kicad, I can take a look.

Regards
Rob Oudendijk

Hi. EasyEDA (which is a web app that doesn’t need to be installed) can only export to Altium designer: Altium_sfy3_2024-04-23_2024-06-06.zip - Google Drive, I believe it can be imported to KiCAD. Would that work?

Thanks. I will give it a try.

I do understand your point of easiness with EasyEda. But for this kind of projects, I suggest to use KiCad. Seems earlier version uselike 0.3 did use KiCad. Why the change?

Regards,
Rob Oudendijk

The import of the schematic works. But I could not import the PCB.

Regards
Rob Oudendijk

Because EasyEDA is easy to order with JLCPCB and components match with their huge library, which then match better when ordering. It is also easier to collaborate on EasyEDA. That’s why I moved from KiCAD to EasyEDA (and the fact that it is possible to export from EasyEDA).

Unfortunately, the export does not work for me. In KiCad it is very easy to send the files to JCLPCB with some plugins. I do that often. With KiCAD JLCPCB tools (GitHub - Bouni/kicad-jlcpcb-tools: Plugin to generate BOM + CPL files for JLCPCB, assigning LCSC part numbers directly from the plugin, query the JLCPCB parts database, lookup datasheets and much more.) and Fabrication Toolkit ( bennymeg (Benny Megidish) · GitHub)…

Even easier with PCBway you can use PCBWay Plug-in for KiCad ( GitHub - pcbway/PCBWay-Plug-in-for-Kicad: PCBWay Plug-in for Kicad) That will even upload the file and the whole assembling for you. But PCBway is more expensive.

Regards,
Rob Oudendijk

1 Like

I understand you. But I prefer to stay away from not open source and company dependent software. Not so good experiences in the past would make me do that.

Regards
Rob Oudendijk

Thanks for the tips. Maybe we will try that on our next project.

1 Like