Why isn't the wifi ssid/pw reserved as environmental variables?

Hi, I just started learning about notecard and I am really enjoying the level of detail in the documentation and examples. I have managed to get up and running with some simple apps pretty quickly.

I have seen the examples of using a host to update wifi credentials but would love to know if _wifi reserved variables will be added anytime soon? I have some simple controls that do not require a host and would be great to deploy and be able to update wifi remotely via notehub environmental variables.

Or did I miss how to do this already?

Thanks,
Anthony

Hey @7null,

And welcome to the Blues community! Awesome that you were able to get up and running quickly.

I have seen the examples of using a host to update wifi credentials but would love to know if _wifi reserved variables will be added anytime soon? I have some simple controls that do not require a host and would be great to deploy and be able to update wifi remotely via notehub environmental variables.

Or did I miss how to do this already?

Currently we don’t have any reserved environment variables for this, but this is a really good idea. I just logged it as a feature request internally.

You can replicate this functionality with custom environment variables, but as I believe you’ve seen based on your comment, this does require a host: Dynamically Switching Wi-Fi Networks on a Notecard - Blues Developers.

TJ

Thanks. What is typical cadence of firmware releases?

What is the best way to get notified about firmware updates so I know if implemented?