Routing Connected SSID

Hi,

Is there a way to route the Wi-Fi SSID that my Notecard Cell + Wi-Fi is currently connected to? I see that I can go to device > sessions and click on a session and see “ssid” in the JSON. Right now this is the only method I could find to be able to verify this.

The reason is that one of my devices is not connecting to a different Wi-Fi network that I tried to remotely configure the device to connect to via environment variables (via this method: Dynamically Switching Wi-Fi Networks on a Notecard - Blues Developers). This worked on another device with the same exact setup, but not the one in question. That is a separate issue.

Currently my dashboard only shows the configured Wi-Fi network (the environment variable), but is misleading my end-user into thinking the device is successfully connected to it. It is still connected to the originally configured Wi-Fi network.

I hope this makes sense. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hey @tsuzenski,

Sorry for the late reply here and thanks for flagging this. It’s indeed a little weird that the ssid shows up in the Sessions UI in Notehub, but that it isn’t included in the routed _session.qo events. I’m going to do some asking around internally and get back with you.

TJ

1 Like

Ok, good news. We’re working on a change to Notehub that will add a number of fields to _session.qo events, including ssid.

I don’t have an exact timeline for you, but we already have a proposed implementation so I’m hoping this will be weeks away and not months. I made a note to follow up on this thread when it’s live.

TJ

1 Like

Very cool - thank you TJ! :slight_smile:

@tsuzenski Just to follow up, the ssid is now present in _session.qo events when a new session starts.

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 11.26.33 AM

TJ

1 Like

Amazing - thank you TJ! :slight_smile: