Is the chart data on the device summary page available?

There are some charts on the device summary page that show the last 12 hours of card readings for the voltage, temperature, signal strength and notes sent/received.

Is there an API method to request that data for a different time range? Or a good way to download a history of those data points?

We want to test a site for cell coverage before continuing an installation there. We can manually report the data ourselves by reading the values from a card.wireless request, but it would be really convenient for us to be able to pull the data that is apparently already being recorded.

Thanks!

rdimartino

You could, like we do for Sfaceast.org, route to an external DB and a Grafana instance. So can easily see the timeframes you want to know. Grafana.

Regards,
Rob Oudendijk

Thanks, but this doesn’t really answer my question. Grafana is a great way to display the data, but I’m trying to figure out how to access the data that powers these graphs.

I see that there is an API request made to https://notehub.io/project/<APP ID>/devices/<DEVICE ID>/chart-data that returns objects like

{
  "time":1693570729,
  "voltage":4.517,
  "temp":27.312,
  "bars":1,
  "notes_sent_and_received":6
}

I’m curious if there is a way to access that data for a different time range than window returned from that API call.

Hi @rdimartino,

I think what you are looking for is the “Get Sessions” Notehub API. This will return all _session.qo Notefiles for a given Notehub project. From there you can pull out temp, voltage, bars, and notes_sent.

Hope that helps!
Rob

2 Likes

Thanks, I think that’s exactly what we’re looking for!

1 Like