Official Blues KiCad Symbol and Footprint Library

Hi,

I am working on the design of our own hardware using the Notecard. I have found KiCad designs of the Notecarriers which is wonderful. Those designs use the blues-kicad-lib library for the symbols and footprints but I don’t see the library in the hardware repository or anywhere else. Could you point me to where the library is located or add it to the github hardware repository? It would make life easier than having to copy things out of the schematic. :slight_smile:

Or even better you could also contribute the necessary connector symbol and footprints to KiCad project itself. :smiley:

Cheers,
Piotr

3 Likes

I came here for the same question! Bumping for visibility.

1 Like

The Notecarrier Pi README actually mentions the library and provides a link, but it is dead.

1 Like

Ohh interesting. Good find! I guess the github repository with the library is still private. I hope someone at @BluesDevRel will be able to make that repository public. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me too vote for more public sharing code!

Rob Oudendijk

3 Likes

Continuing work on my design I realize that there is even a bigger issue regarding the missing kicad library repository. We need the 3D models to validate that everything fits in the enclosure. Without the library we don’t have access to the 3D models that are included in the library.

@BluesDevRel @drrk can you please take a look at this issue?

2 Likes

Hi @esden,
Thanks for great question and for your interest in the KiCad library. We just finished up our effort to create KiCAD files for all of our Notecarriers, and we’re working on an update to the library. Once it’s ready, we’ll share it publicly.

4 Likes

Also looking forward to getting this. Is there a way that you could also provide kicad v5 symbols and libs?

2 Likes

Glad you’re interested in the library too, @ril3y. I appreciate the feedback about the symbols and libs. I’ll see what we can do.

2 Likes

Any updates on this?

1 Like

Also working on a design in KiCAD and would appreciate an official version of the connector symbols and footprints.

Hi all - very sorry for the delay but the Blues KiCad library is fixed and back up on GitHub:

2 Likes

Is it possible to get the library updated with 3d models of the Notecarriers for easy integration of Blues products into IOT projects?

Regards
Rob Oudendijk

Hi @robouden,

There are STP files in each Notecarrier directory in this public repository: GitHub - blues/note-hardware

Rob,

Thanks, I have seen them.
For a “dream” project, I like to have a Notecard or a StarNote with absolute minimum connections and size.

Questions about the Notecarriers:

1. What is the absolute minimum to get a I2C or TX/RX and power to the Notecard? I assume we need a 3.3V to 1.8V convention.
  2. Is there a smaller version available than the Notecarrier B?
  3. Did other people made a smaller version already than the Notecarrier B?

Regards
Rob Oudendijk

Rob,

Something like this:

1 Like

Hi @robouden - Yeah the Notecard can operate at 1V8 if that’s your question. Also there are no smaller versions of the Notecarrier that we sell, than the B. Love this design!

1 Like

Rob,

A bit updated idea of the Notecarrier-Mirco.

Regards
Rob

3 Likes