Routing data to Chords Portal: 404 Page Not Found Error

Hi, I am trying to route some data from Notehub to a custom accound on CHORDS portal but every attempt to transmit data results in a “404 Page Not Found” error. However, before using notehub, i was using a different service to send data to the same account and had no issues. I have attached images of my configuration set up and the error I am receiving. I would greatly appreciate any insights, advice, or solutions you might have to help resolve this issue. Has anyone else faced a similar problem, or does anyone have suggestions on adjustments I might need to make in my configuration or approach? Thank you

Hey @RTSensors,

Welcome to the Blues community!

If you haven’t already, you might want to try to make sure you can access that endpoint outside of Notehub using a tool like curl or Postman and hardcoded data.

In my experience it’s easiest to make sure the endpoint works first, so you know exactly what headers, keys, etc you need, and then trying to replicate that within Notehub.

Notehub does a POST on the endpoint, so another thing to check is that the server on CHORDS is set up to handle POST requests.

Hoping that helps.

TJ VanToll

Hi @tjvantoll,

I appreciate your assistance. The CHORDS server operates exclusively with the GET method, it seems that’s why the retrieval attempt failed. I’m wondering if there’s a workaround to access Notehub data via CHORDS, or if I need to explore alternative services capable of handling POST requests.

Unfortunately, today POST is your only option with Notehub routes. If you want to get CHORDS working you would need to set up an intermediary server that receives the POST from Notehub, and sends out the GET to CHORDS—which is doable but a big hassle.

If you’re not tied to CHORDS you could try some of the other services that we have guides for in our routing tutorial: Routing Data to Cloud - Blues Developers

If you’re not sure where to start you might want to check out Datacake. Datacake is free for up to five devices and they have a built-in Blues integration Routing Data to Cloud - Blues Developers

TJ