Airnote: not sending data/display stuck

Jesse,

I mean the sensor inside the device itself.
BTW, did you charge the new battery for about 24 hours?

Regards,
rob

Everything seems fine inside the device and it’s still giving me a temperature reading, it’s just not transmitting any data. I did charge the battery via USB when it arrived, yes. Can’t tell without being able to see the dashboard whether it has successfully charged via the solar panel since then, but the display is functioning so at the very least it isn’t entirely dead…

Thanks for the update. Is the device now on?

And if possible, could you videotape the boot up display when it starts. Maybe there is an “error message”. Sorry, but the error messages are not so logical like -700 etc. due to the limitation of the low power display?

Warm regards,
rob Oudendijk

Jesse,

I just checked the Notehub logs and noticed it was connected 3 days ago (see screenshot). I also notice it is running old firmware. Not sure if that is related to your issues.

Battery seems fine 3.8V (at least 3 days ago):

At this point, not sure what is going on. I will ask Blues support team to get a replacement going for you. I will update you later.

Warm Regards
Rob Oudendijk

Thanks! Weird, it seems to connect when it goes through the boot sequence (three days ago I opened it up to check inside again and did an off/on) but not remain in touch.

1 Like

Jesse,

Got s message for the blues team that currently the Airnotes are out of stock. The new batch will be available in October and your replacement should be part of that batch. Sorry for the delay.

Regards,
Rob Oudendijk

Ok no problem - thansk fior following up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mine seems to have stopped updating yesterday. Grafana

Any ideas on how to get it working again? I wiped down the solar panel and it looks like the battery voltage was good when it last updated.

km6slf

Did you try to power it down and up ggoing?
No error messages like -xxxx?

Regards,
Rob Oudendijk

I turned the switch on the bottom off then on again after a few seconds. The display on the back reads 31.7, but I don’t know what that may be referring to.

Did you see a tree dots at the start? Like in Airnote Quickstart Guide - Blues Developers

Regards,
Rob Oudendijk

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to this. I restarted it again a few days ago and it looks like it’s updating again, but for some reason, it’s reporting a temperature of -40C/F all day and night. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this?

I dug into the notehub.io data and was able to identify exactly when the temperature sensor data stopped being reported accurately.

Any ideas on how I can fix it?

km6slf

Sorry for the late replied. I will look into the issue a bit more.
Seems to not reading the temperature sensor at all. Could be I2C issue on the bus. Now checking with the Blues Team.

Regards,
Rob Oudendijk

Jesse,

I checked with the Blues team for your replacement, that was support to happen in October.
Unfortunately, the ETA of the replacement slipped. Should be soon.

Regards
Rob Oudendijk

David,

I am still waiting for a response from the Blues team. I hope the temperature sensor is at the moment not a big issue. Seems broken (but not sure) or a I2C issue.

Regards
Rob Oudendijk

Temperature is probably the most important thing I wanted to track. I’m pretty good with electronics so I might be able to fix it if you can provide some troubleshooting advice.

Thank you,
Bill Kreutinger - KM6SLF
Chief Radio Officer & Technical Director - Tri-Cities RACES
949-391-2342

David,

I will work on it. I did not realize your temperature measurements were the most important for you, sorry for that. I am trying to get my hand on the hardware schematic, but no luck yet.

Regards
Rob Oudendijk

Hiya! Happy new year! Just very belatedly following up on this…

1 Like