Inbound syncs stopped while connection and sessions maintained


I have a device that has been working as expected for about 5 days now. Last night (Wednesday 7/5 around 4:30 pm), however, the inbound syncs stopped but the hub syncs persisted except with “inbound sync due”. I also see “modem powered down” in there… Also why were there multiple around 5:15 pm? Can anyone please provide some insight as to what may be happening here? See the attached image below:

My current hub.set request is as follows:

J *req = notecard.newRequest("hub.set");
JAddStringToObject(req, "product", productUID);
JAddStringToObject(req, "mode", "continuous");
JAddNumberToObject(req, "outbound", 10);
JAddNumberToObject(req, "inbound", 60);
JAddNumberToObject(req, "duration", 60);
JAddBoolToObject(req, "sync", true);

I have my sensors sampling and adding a note every 45 seconds.

Apologies if I am missing something trivial or using any incorrect nomenclature as I am still learning. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my question/problem and help out with my understanding! :slight_smile:

Hi @tsuzenski and welcome to the Blues community!

The first thing I would check is your power source. Assuming you’re running on a battery of some time, check the voltage. If that dips too low, the Notecard will no longer reliably sync data.


1 Like

Hi Rob,

Thank you! I am actually plugged into USB, so I’m thinking power shouldn’t be an issue. Sorry for missing that in my original post!

I also have it plugged into the Notecarrier F’s usb and not the swan mcu.

Is it getting continuous power over USB? The modem: powered down is what concerns me a bit.

Yes. I have a short USB cable plugged into a dual port USB charger (only one port being used at all times). In my device summary, I see that the voltage is consistent, at ~ 4.8 V.

I was wondering if the power went out or something, but wouldn’t that initiate a boot (brown-out & hard reset) if it turns off and back on like that?

I also wanted to provide an update that upon unplugging and plugging the device back in, it works fine again (makes sense to me). That being said, I am a bit worried about this happening again.

1 Like


One suggestion is (taken from experience of running 24/7/365 systems for years) is to reboot a device once in a week or once in a month. Keeps things clean.

Warm regards,
Rob Oudendijk

1 Like

Hi robouden,

That is a great method, thank you! I will see how this works with my device.

1 Like