LoRaWAN Gateway - need cell gateway version

I completed a project using the WisGate Edge Lite 2 LoRaWAN Gateway with the LoRa Notecards with success using WiFi.

I have a customer that requires the LoRaWAN Gateway to connect using cell. Is there a recommended gateway and instructions on how to configure? Blues.io only sells the ethernet/wifi version of the gateway; current work around is using a cell hotspot. For production - I need a LoRaWAN cell gateway.

Thanks for any insight!

Hi @briancarter,

Any LoRaWAN gateway on The Things Stack with Packet Broker enabled should work just fine. While we don’t have any specific recommendations, I would start my search on The Things Network website where they list some of their supported models:

Thanks Rob. I’m going to try the WisGate Edge Lite 2 - RAK7268CV2.

Question: The Blues LoRa/WiFi gateway was preconfigured and I just added my WiFi creds. Do I need to create a The Things Network account for cell setup?

Looking over the Things Network setup instructions it appears so since a cert creation is needed. Wanted to check if there is a Blues pass thru, use Blues links from Blues LoRa, or I do need to setup a Things Network account.

Yes, you’ll need a Things account and make sure Packet Broker is enabled for the gateway. I actually just went through some troubleshooting with someone using a non-Blues gateway here in case you need it: Notecard Lora not syncing to Notehub - #4 by RobLauer

@RobLauer

I have implemented a solution using the Blues LoRaWAN gateway from your site (not to get confused with cell gateway I ordered from 3rd party). The current sensors use the LoRaWAN notecard; I set my product uid and alls good; data is flowing to notehub.

The customer would like to add an off the shelf LoRaWAN complient device into the mix of devices, sending its data to notehub.

Question: how to add a non-Blues LoRaWAN device to the ecosystem?

Thanks Brian

Hi @briancarter,

As of right now there is no way to send data to Notehub without using a Blues device. In the future we may offer up some new Notehub APIs to allow this.

Rob